Second Site News #016
25 April 2004
Second Site Version 1.6 (Build 2) Released
This is a maintenance release that fixes a few minor problems introduced by the Version 1.6 (Build 0) release or discovered since it was released.
- Fixed a bug in the image processing code where certain valid JPG files could not be processed.
- Fixed a bug where the count of people shown in the Make Site log was twice the actual count.
- Fixed a bug in all the XML Formats where the last edited date and chart membership entries were not displayed.
- Fixed a bug where certain names did not display properly in a custom index.
- Fixed a bug where the "not living" variation of a sentence was used for Living=?, when the "living" variation should have been used
- Fixed a bug where the Make Site process was reading Name and Place Styles from all datasets in a TMG v5 project rather than Name and Place Styles from the current project only.
All existing customers should download this free upgrade. If you are a registered Second Site user and the About Second Site window (Help > About command) does not show the same version number and build number as above, I recommend that you download this new version and install it. You will not lose any SDF files or sites you have already made.
You may need your registration information when you install the new version.
Name and Place Style Issues
I changed the way Name and Place Styles are processed in Version 1.6 (Build 0). That change generated a lot of error messages for Second Site users. As far as I can tell, those error messages were legitimate; there were errors in one or more of the templates that make up the style. The error message identifies a variable reference that appears in a template but does not use a valid label for the style. If you encounter the error, you should compare the labels used in the style to the templates, and adjust the template accordingly. If you have used a variable reference of "[Parish]" you must have Parish as one of the labels visible in the pull-down menus.
In addition, it's important to know that Second Site processes TMG's Short place template multiple times, once for each place style. Your Short place template must use variables that are legal labels in all your place styles. One way to do that is to use the L1 .. L10 variables, for example, "<[L3], ><[L5], ><[L6]>".
This page last changed on 11 Feb 2014.