Second Site Version 1.4 (Build 0) Released
The latest release of Second Site has the following changes and new features:
- Now you can add HTML-based charts to your site. Please read the Charts article in Second Site News #007.
- Icons can now be included in the Children section of the person page.
- New "Full, then Short" choice in the Citation Sentence pull-down menu in the Sources Section. (The first citation to a source for a particular person page entry will use the full footnote sentence. Any subsequent citation to the same source for the same person entry will use the short footnote sentence.)
- New support for translating tag labels; if a
<language>.iniexists in the Defaults folder, SS will search it for English to <language> translations. See German.ini for an example. This feature helps non-English users get around a TMG limitation where tag names cannot be translated.
- New Exhibits.Index Icon for Primary Image property. When checked, which is the default, an icon will appear next to the name of a person in the index if they have a primary image and if the Primary Person Image property is either Embed or Link.
- New Color Box in the Second Site toolbar; the color box displays the color for Stylesheet color properties such as "background-color". Click on a color property to set the color box to the color value in the textbox. You can also use color names and Second Site will translate them into the proper notation for you.
See the Change Log for more changes and details.
All existing customers can download this free upgrade here. If you are a registered Second Site user and the About Second Site window (Help > About command) does not show the same version number and build number as above, I recommend that you download this new version and install it. You will not lose any SDF files or sites you have already made.
If you uninstall and reinstall, which is recommended, you may have to enter your registration information again. Make sure you have that information on hand before you uninstall.
Lost Your Serial Number?
Second Site users who lose their registration information should contact Technical Support at Wholly Genes. I get many requests for this information, but unfortunately I can't help. Out of respect for privacy concerns, Wholly Genes does not share the registration information with me.
This page last changed on 09 May 2009.