Second Site News #003
6 September 2002
Second Site Version 1.1 Build 9 Released
The last release contained a bunch of new features and despite my best efforts a few bugs slipped through the testing process. I decided to do a quick maintenance release to fix those issues. I also added a few new features which I hope makes up for the hassles involved with downloading and installing a new version.
All existing customers can download this free upgrade here. If you are a registered Second Site user and the About Second Site window (Help > About command) does not show the same version number and build number as above, I recommend that you download this new version and install it. You will not lose any SDF files or sites you have already made.
If you uninstall and reinstall, which is recommended, you may have to enter your registration information again. Make sure you have that information on hand before you uninstall.
- Added the Data.Exhibits.Alternate Image Folder property which allows you to use one version of an image exhibit with TMG and a different version of the image in SS. This feature is specifically designed for the case where you have a high-resolution image that works well with printed output, but doesn't look good on a web page and also takes a long time to download. Put a web optimized version of the exhibit in the Alternate Image Folder and SS will use the alternate.
- Added full support for external image exhibits in PNG format. PNG is an alternative to GIF and may be an appropriate choice for scanned documents.
- Added [SS:] and [:SS] format codes; combined with TMG's [HID:] and [:HID] codes they allow you to create Second Site-specific text in memos. See Restricting Data to Second Site Only.
Changes and Fixes
- Changed name parsing in source elements such that the surname ends at the first comma, rather than at the last comma as was the case in previous builds; this brings SS into agreement with TMG
- Fixed a bug where certain JPG files could not be processed and caused an "Automation Error" message in the Make Site log
- Changed the hidden e-mail address process to avoid the use of dynamic HTML which was triggering a bug in Netscape Navigator 4
- Fixed a bug where excluded surnames were not being handled properly in the index
- Fixed a bug where the [SCAP:] and [:SCAP] printer codes were ignored
- Fixed a bug where the [REPOSITORY REFERENCE] field was not displayed properly
- Fixed a bug where the split memo fields did not work properly if Add Memo to Sentence was set to Do Not Append
- Fixed a bug where formatting codes nested in bracketed literals would cause incorrect brackets in the output
This page last changed on 19 Aug 2009.